Charter A Private Jet For A SEC Football Game
This fall, during the college football season, travelling to a SEC football game on a private jet is an event to add to your “To Do” list. Getting to a game with a private jet charter can greatly enhance the experience for any group of fans.
There are many reasons why SEC Football attracts spectators from near and far. For one thing, college players are supercharged with the added motivation of representing their alma mater. Watching the game live is the ultimate fan experience and makes for an exciting day all around. The SEC is particularly entertaining due to its long-standing rivalries. School spirit is extremely palpable in almost every city that hosts a university with athletics in the SEC.
Perhaps the best reason though is that you will never see trick plays like the Clemson Two Point or the LSU Fake anywhere else. Anything can happen here and you can be sure that in the SEC, it eventually will.
This October the SEC has seven teams in the top 25, nearly as many as the ACC and the PAC-12 combined. Now is the time to go, but this is the kind of event where a commercial flight to the field just won’t cut it.
Consider these advantages of traveling by private jet:
- Convenience: You can have a car or limo pull right up next to the jet while everyone else is still waiting for their checked luggage to appear.
- Security: Do you really want to be patted down while grand-mothers are searched at the security gate? In a private jet, you know everyone on your flight and will all board the aircraft moments after arriving.
- Less stress: For the most part, the big schools have private airports that are much closer to campus than the commercial airports. Avoiding the hassle of traffic alone will make for a much more enjoyable trip.
Average fans usually assume the cost of flying private keeps it out of their reach but this is not always the case. For most trips the cost will be higher than commercial but empty leg flights can sell for a fraction of regular retail rates. Jet Partners’ empty leg listings are updated in real time, giving you access to these low cost charter flights as soon as they become available.
Check out some of our empty leg listings available at airports near a few popular SEC Schools:
- University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa Regional Airport TCL
- University of Georgia – Athens Ben Epps AHN
- University of Florida – Gainesville Regional Airport GNV
- University of Mississippi – University-Oxford Airport UOX
When choosing an aircraft you should consider the size of your group and distance traveling.
- Turbo Prop Aircraft: Range 1,500 miles +, seat up to 9 passengers.
The most popular models are the King Air 90, King Air 200 and Pilatus PC-12.
- Light Jets: Range 1,600 miles +, seat up to 8 passengers.
The most popular models are the Lear 40XR, Citation CJ3, and Hawker 400XP.
- Mid-Size Jets: Range 2,500 miles +, seat up to 9 passengers.
The most popular models are the Citation XLS, Lear 60 and Hawker 800XP.
- Super Mid-Size Jets: Range 3,400 miles +, seat up to 9 passengers.
The most popular models are the Citation X, Falcon 50 and Challenger 300.
- Heavy Jets: Range 4,350 miles +, seat up to 18 passengers.
The most popular models are the Challenger 604, Falcon 2000, and Gulfstream IV.
*Aircraft range and seating listed above are based on typical specifications and may vary.
For those extra-special clients, family gatherings or celebrations, reserving a private jet to a SEC game will bring a whole new level of awesome to your next touchdown or post win celebration. If you would like more information or pricing for chartering a private jet for a SEC football game or any other trips call or email Jet Partners today.